Friday, March 27, 2009

My Home Away From Home

Since most of you will never have an opportunity to visit me at work, I thought I would bring work to you! So here is a brief tour of my "other" home. First, I need to show you where I worked from March 1998 until May 2007 [Wallace Administration Building] so you can appreciate the "upgrade."
Nice, but it really needed some help. As I said, we moved into the new Math/Science/Administration Building almost two years ago. It was a BIG improvement.
See what I mean!! When you get off the elevator on the third floor, you can see the President's Office reception area immediately across the hall.


As you open the door and enter, you are in my space - where I greet all the visitors, faculty, staff, students [happy and upset] and try to help each one. Besides being the secretary to the Dean for Planning and Research and part-time secretary for the President.

It's rough, but someone has to work here!! Everyone who enters always comments on the floor. This picture does not do it justice. Then when you get a little bit closer, you can see my work space.
Yes, that is a granite top and workspace. I wish that I had some pictures of my former work space so you could really appreciate the difference! The closest people to me are on the other side of a "partition" - this side is the President's secretary and the other side is the secretary to the VP.
Directly behind me is the President's Conference Room. It is amazing!

And last, but not least . . . I asked a friend/co-worker to take my picture so you could see me at work. Believe me - I know how very blessed I am to have such a nice place to work. But even better . . . I am blessed to have great caring people to work with each day.

Drop by when you're in town. I'd love to show you the rest of the campus!

3 comments:

Julie said...

That's beautiful! That would be a nice place to work! So glad you love your co-workers...I know what a blessing that is.

I'll be sure to tell Grandmom that I saw how HUGE your office is! :)

Jim G said...

The office looks very nice and so do you. Thanks for reminding me my older sister has a blog. Don't feel slighted - Julie has to tell me to check her's too.

Have fun.

B said...

Your work building looks alot better now.