I'm sure that you have been anxiously waiting for the pictures that will show my Christmas decorating skills, or lack thereof. I decided that tonight would be a good time to share. I feel free, unburdened, relaxed, carefree, etc. As of 4:00 p.m. today, I am officially on holiday/vacation until Monday, January 5, 2009! Did you hear my deep sigh of relief? I have really been looking forward to these two weeks. Since I never really had a vacation this summer [only took a day off here and there], I was extremely ready for DOWN TIME. That is what one half of me is saying. The other half is wondering "What will I do with all that time?" I'm mentally setting a schedule for each day, mapping out possible plans, organizing my thoughts. How pathetic is that?!?!
First, I am going to show you a picture of our lovely tree. And may I say that whoever invented pre-lit trees should be made a saint! I love not having to oversee that job and my poor hubby does not miss having to redo the lights two or three times until it is "just right." And having all white lights is the answer to the nightmare of having too many lights of the same color too close together. [I guess that probably didn't bother most people.]
First, I am going to show you a picture of our lovely tree. And may I say that whoever invented pre-lit trees should be made a saint! I love not having to oversee that job and my poor hubby does not miss having to redo the lights two or three times until it is "just right." And having all white lights is the answer to the nightmare of having too many lights of the same color too close together. [I guess that probably didn't bother most people.]
The next pictures will document some of our traditions through the years at Christmas. Many are items made by church family and purchased at church bazaars and many are gifts received from church family. Good memories.
The Santa and the penquin are made of gourds.
Some are items we have collected because we enjoyed them and/or they made us laugh.
Dancing/singing Santas
Christmas bears - this pair started the collection in 1996.
Some items have become "antiques" and heirlooms because we have had them so long, such as our first nativity scene from 1967.
We also like to collect Santas - these are just a few.
As you can see, it looks like Christmas around our house. And even though I complain about having to get everything out and having to pack everything away when it's all over, I can't imagine Christmas without all our special STUFF. So come on over if you get a minute. We'd love to show you around.
That's all for now. This was good practice for putting pictures in my blog. I think that I have finally figured out how to do it. Now I'm going to go read a book. Merry Christmas if I don't "see" you until after the 25th!

1 comment:
The house looks great! Enjoy your time off! Happy Holidays (although I'm sure I'll talk to you)! :)
Love you guys!
Post a Comment