Saturday, December 27, 2008

Deep Sigh

Christmas 2008 is now but a memory. It was full of joy, energy and too much food. How can so much preparation be over in such a few hours? Wednesday, Christmas Eve, Daniel and I drove to Tuscaloosa to pick up Mom for the holidays. Thursday morning, Christmas Day, we opened packages at home before heading over to our daughter's to see what Santa had brought to the little ones. We arrived about 11:00 and enjoyed seeing the do-over in the girls' room. It is a work in progress, but it is already amazing. B loves her art table and supplies and K loves her desk and new computer monitor/wireless keyboard and mouse. Lil Man was busy taking pictures with his new digital camera! All our grandkids are super techie!! Our bright idea to have breakfast for lunch was a huge success! Biscuits, sausage gravy, bacon and eggs were delicious.
Then Friday, I was up early cooking and anxiously waiting for the gang to come to our house. It didn't take long for all the presents to be opened and for everyone to begin enjoying their bounty. B and K got suitcases for their sleepovers and a Nintendo DS game. Both were big hits! Lil Man received a kitchen/supermarket. Well, not really, but he did get cookware, a microwave, food items, and a cash register with scanner.
Dan and I got a new DVD drive for our computer, as ours "died" last Christmas. Yeah! for our computer guru son-in-law who installed it immediately. I also got a thumb drive so I can [hopefully] organize all the pictures that are currently unorganized on my computer.
Here a few candid pictures:

Lil Man and K doing a little "shopping" at the market

B with her new scarf, gloves and cap.

K with her new hoodie - isn't she lovely?

Grandmom overcome with beautiful great-granddaughters!


Proud grandparents with amazing grandchildren!

2008 Family Christmas Photo

It was great to be together for another Christmas! We hope and pray that you were able to be with family and those you love, and to enjoy the joy and warmth of Christmas.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Great pics! Breakfast for lunch is a brilliant idea! Glad Christmas was wonderful for you!

danakat said...

Christmas WAS wonderful!
The food...the gifts...the company...the nap (thanks for that, by the way).
We feel so blessed to be so geographically close to you guys since so many of our friends have to do serious travel. And you always know how to make any occasion fun.

Thanks again for all our goodies! The girls have played their games non-stop, Steve and B have both already finished the book, K wonders when she gets to go on a trip, lil man has food everywhere, and I got to show off my purse today. Did I mention how much I LOVE it?!