Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Organized Chaos at Christmas

First let me thank my brilliant and talented daughter Dana for getting me started on this blogging adventure. She "decked my blog" and helped me get started.

Now let me explain organized chaos. Would it help if I told you I am directing the children's Christmas program at church again this year? Well, I am - for the third time. Call me crazy, but I love working with the children at Christmas! Tonight was "dress rehearsal" which is a definite misnomer. We didn't get much rehearsing done and the children weren't in costume. However, we did make a "joyful noise," if you know what I mean. "Herding cats" is another expression I use that seems to best capture the activity.

The program will be Sunday night and I could be frustrated about not having enough time to practice and never having all the children together for even one practice. But I have learned through the years . . . here's another expression that fits . . . "it is what it is." That means that no matter how rough dress rehearsal goes, the program will be wonderful. I have found that parents, grandparents, and the church family will cut the children a LOT of slack.

That's all for now. Rehearsal time really zaps my energy. Check back after Sunday night's performance and I'll let you know how it went.

2 comments:

Julie said...

SO happy you started the blog! I can't wait to hear how everything goes with the Christmas show! The songs are precious! Sending ya'll TONS of love!!

...oh...I was going to sign this "Favorite Niece," but I always sign with my blogger ID. Oh well...You know I'm your favorite, so I won't worry about it. :)

Anonymous said...

YAY! Welcome to the blog world!

Kids are better performers than they are practicers (if that is a word)! :)