After a mid-morning Christmas brunch and my weekly trip to WalMart, I arrived home in time to begin the process of moving the Christmas tree and decorations from our storage building into the house. That is always a major effort. Are you aware of how much STUFF can be accumulated over forty years of married life?
When 3:00 arrived it was time to watch the Alabama-Florida game. Although it did not go exactly as I had hoped, it was a really great game. A hard fought game, played with great determination by both teams. When the season began who would have imagined that Alabama would be 12-1.? Now on to the Sugar Bowl! Roooool Tide Roll!!
During halftime, Daniel and I completed the task of moving the Christmas STUFF into the house. I really don't know where it all came from!
Now as I sit here at the computer, I gaze over into the dining area and admire our lovely pre-lit tree. The lights are sparkling. Too bad the ornaments aren't on there yet! Maybe I'll just leave it sparkly. No ornaments. Simple, basic, understated. But that is not an acceptable option at our house. Each ornament will [eventually] be lovingly placed on the tree and, as always, call to mind treasured memories of each Christmas. "Here's one from our first tree!" "That one was made by Dana when she was in kindergarten." "This one has Daniel's picture on it." "Here are the angels we bought when our beautiful granddaughters were born." So many special memories. So, although I'll complain a little [okay, maybe a lot], I will complete this time-honored task for yet another Christmas season. Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la.
Happy 15th Anniversary to an AMAZING couple ;)
14 years ago

2 comments:
Hey - you have been given a blog award :) Check out my blog for details :)
It'll be worth it once you get it all up. It's the taking down part that really stinks! :)
I'm not even going to try to put one up this year. Nothing is safe around Trevor right now. I just need to talk Fred into hanging up some lights to get the ambiance.
Post a Comment