You know the rest of the quote, don't you? Well, that is what I discovered today. As I was reading the morning paper, I noticed an ad from our local jewelry store - "Buying gold today." How amazing was that!! I had been seeing the other ads about selling your gold, but for those you had to go meet someone at a hotel/motel. Sounded risky to me. But now there was this great opportunity only two blocks from my house in a respectable jewelry store. After telling Dan what I planned to do, we both got busy looking for GOLD. I searched through several of my old jewelry boxes and Dan looked through some of his "storage areas." We examined every pin, necklace, bracelet, earring, ring, etc. that we could find. I was pretty sure that a lot of it was "costume" jewelry, but found several pieces that I thought looked genuine. I didn't want to get too excited about all the loot that I carried to the store, but I was optimistic. I even layered the items, putting the ones I assumed weren't worth much at the bottom of the container and putting the "good stuff" on top. When I arrived at the store, a very nice man examined [very carefully] most of the items I had brought. Let's just say there are a lot of "gold plated" items in our collection. He kept maybe six of the items I brought. They will be examined more thoroughly by someone, and on Tuesday I should hear how much $ [if any] we get. I'm not holding my breath.
1 comment:
Good luck!!
Post a Comment