I think that I am finally able to share about my Wednesday morning. Believe it or not, on my way into work that morning I was actually thinking about how we never know what each day might hold. How we could begin what seems like a normal day not realizing how the events that happen that day will profoundly change our lives forever. [It was the prospect of severe weather that motivated that thought.] So . . . I arrive at my office only to be greeted by a strange and frightening message on my moniter. Alarming words like: warning, risk, hard drive, etc. were there on a blue screen. After the techies took my computer away, I tried to think positive thoughts. However, I soon received a call from the computer "hospital" saying that my precious computer had suffered a "massive coronary" and was "toast!"
I am just now coming to terms with this tragedy and all that has been lost. My boss says, "I need a copy of the so-and-so" and I say "It was on the computer!" She asks to see a copy of the agenda for an upcoming meeting, I say "It was on the computer!" I need to update some statistics from some of the many websites I had bookmarked - BUT THEY'RE ALL GONE!! I am just now realizing how enormous this truly is. So I am taking a moment to feel sorry for myself. [moment of pity]
Now I am ready to begin again. This time I will organize and set folders up the way I know is most efficient. I will look upon this as a learning opportunity and a humbling experience [since we had been warned to backup our files and I just never found the time]. Life goes on. Thanks for listening.
In order to elicit another "oh, bless your heart" from those of you who read this blog, let me tell you one more thing. That same morning I received a call from my son telling me that he had been in a "fender-bender" but that everyone was okay.
After that I checked the calendar to be sure it wasn't Friday the 13th!!
Happy 15th Anniversary to an AMAZING couple ;)
14 years ago

2 comments:
WAAAAAHHHHHH!
Wow...I do feel better. Thanks for inviting me. Fun party, Mom!
Seriously...I am sick over your computer disaster. But don't get / stay discouraged. This too shall pass...right?
Love you!
Oh no...I worry about that all the time! That would be horrible! I haven't backed up my stuff either...on my to do list. I'm getting anxious as I type...must back up files...must back up files...
Post a Comment