Of course I won't know the results of the CT-Scan for a couple of days, but I thought you would want to know that I survived the test. I had dreaded having to drink the contrast ever since I picked it up the first of the week. The lady in radiology gave me a choice of flavors: banana, berry or apple. I selected apple and then second-guessed myself all week. It was a huge container - at least to me. She said, "Drink all of this two hours before your test and when you get here, we'll give you another!" Another?! Another?! That container held more liquid than I usually drink all day! I'll have to confess, it wasn't as bad as I had built up in my mind. The consistency and taste was "okay" and I managed to drink it in about 15 minutes. All I could worry about then was how I could possibly drink any more. However, when I got to Radiology she didn't give me another whole container, but she poured some in a large styrofoam cup. I was motivated to drink it all fairly quickly since I could tell I was the only one there and they were just waiting on me to finish. Did I mention that I tried "berry" this time only to find out it tasted worse than "apple?" A lesson to be remembered. Now, of course, I must wait for the test results. At least I have lots to keep me busy until then. Hope that you all have had a great Monday!
1 comment:
How did you drink that much?!
Post a Comment