Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Break

My Spring Break began yesterday at 4:00 p.m., as soon as I got off work and it lasts for nine days! Yes, I don't have to be back at Calhoun until Monday, the 23rd. The college is only closed Thursday and Friday, so I decided to use annual leave for Monday-Wednesday. We have a few things planned, but there is plenty of "free space" also.
Monday, I have a CT-scan scheduled at the local hospital. Nothing big, just a test to confirm that all is still well. Not really worried, except for having to drink contrast. I'll let you know how that goes.
Tuesday we head to Oneonta to see my SIL who is a CPA and has prepared our income tax forms for many years. Not only that but she and our wonderful BIL treat us to lunch before we head for home. We are hoping to break even this year. Wish us luck.
Wednesday we will load up Dana's van to head to Tuscaloosa for the day. My sister and her husband are coming down from Springfield, MO to visit with Mother and we wouldn't miss that. I will take pictures for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday and Friday are free for now. We'll see how long that lasts.
I am looking forward to the next few days of travel, IRS surprises, reunions, fun, and some laziness. Maybe I will actually finish that book that I started two weeks ago!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I will be praying that everything goes well! Have fun in Tuscaloosa! I wish I could go too! Give everyone my love!!

B said...

Spring Break is awesome!!! (it deserves to be capitalized) :)