Monday, May 25, 2009

Poor, Brave Petunia AND Wonderful Neighbors

Petunia "gave her life" to be a baby bird nursery [see picture below]; however, all was for naught since the eggs never hatched. Not being a expert on birds, I have no idea what went wrong. Now I am working to revive Petunia, but I'm not real optimistic!On a brighter note . . . our garden row is amazing! Saturday morning I put out the cane poles for the beans to run up. Did you know that the runners will only wrap in one direction? It's true. They wrap around counterclockwise!
When I began putting the poles beside the bean plants, I was working very carefully to do it as I had been instructed. After putting up three poles, I looked down the row to see how much further I had to go - only to discover that I was in the wrong row!!! So I removed those and moved over to the correct row to begin again. Here is how they look now.

Have I already told you what wonderful neighbors I have?? Mr. Russell is the neighbor behind our house who lets us use his garden spot . . . and gave us the tomato plants . . . and tills the garden spot, etc. Bro. Windsor [my "in front" neighbor] who lets us use his grill to cookout . . . and mows the lawn . . . and takes my recycle bins out to the road, finished putting up the bean poles for me. You see, I had to stop before I was finished so we could get to K's recital. When we returned home, Bro. Windsor had taken pity on me and finished the row. We are blessed with great neighbors!

Here is another picture of our garden row as of yesterday.

I realize that this "garden update" might not be of interest to all of you readers, but I LOVE IT! Can't you tell??

2 comments:

danakat said...

You do have wonderful neighbors! And in all fairness, they are pretty darn fortunate to be close to you guys too!
Very excited for your garden.
'Cause you know...I don't even have a clue. Obviously wasn't blessed with that gene.

Sad for the bird eggs. :(
Wishing good things for Petunia.

Julie said...

I'm impressed! So sad about the eggs...