
Where, you might ask, have we been? And we might answer, "To the Shoals to celebrate our 42nd anniversary!" Yes, that is correct. We were in the Shoals for a few days AND on the 26th we celebrated being married for 42 years. I know . . . it doesn't seem possible. Especially when I say it out loud -
42 years. Where has all that time gone? It has definitely been an adventure - with all its ups and downs. But it has been a wonderful journey together. I, in my infinite wisdom, decided that we needed to get away for a few days. So . . . against Dan's better judgment, we loaded up the car and headed west. To the beautiful Shoals Marriott and Spa on the Tennessee River. It helped that, as a member of RSA, we got a reduced rate or we wouldn't have been able to afford it.

It was a gorgeous hotel on the outside and on the inside. I took several more pictures, but will not bore you with them. The room was really nice and very comfortable.

We didn't really have any particular plans or a schedule. We rode around to see two of our former churches and to see if we could "run in to" any of our former members. And we actually did get to see several former friends/members. Below is the view from our private patio - Wilson Dam and the river.

I really enjoyed sitting out on the patio in the mornings, drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying the scenery. It was so peaceful and quiet! While we were there I even managed to read a mystery novel from cover to cover. It was great!

The hotel had a beautiful pool area which I have documented for you. And, no, we did not get near the pool. But it sure looked good enough to dive into or at least dangle our feet into.

These are two of our best friends from a former church. They met us for lunch at the Cracker Barrel near our hotel. We had a wonderful time visiting and catching up on the local news. All in all, our anniversary celebration was a success. The only thing I forgot, in all my planning, was to get a picture of the two of us on that special day. But you can be assured that I was there, just on the other side of the camera.
2 comments:
So glad that you got to get away together! Happy belated Anniversary! What a beautiful hotel! Glad ya'll had fun!
happy anniversary! i love marriot, and that looks so familiar! did you go the same place we did on vacation?
Post a Comment