Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall Festival - 2009

This afternoon we enjoyed the Fall Festival at our church.  The weather was perfect for the munchkins and I to have a great time!  As we pulled into the parking lot, the kids noticed the large slide and quickly ran to it.

 


I could not count how many times they climbed up and slid down.  All I know is they thoroughly enjoyed it!  Then it was time to play the various fun games so they could win a piece of candy or a small prize.  They loved the cake walk last year, but this year it had become the cookie walk.  They still loved it!



They all thought that it was fun to throw rolls of toilet paper into the lovely blue toilet.  We explained to Lil Man that he could NOT do that at home!


Another Fall Festival ritual is playing BINGO.  We played several games so that everyone could win.  The first time Lil Man and I won.  He found a toy truck that he wanted and I let K select a gift.  She found the perfect gift - a bright pink pillow with the words "All I Want is Everything - Is that a problem?"  The perfect selection.  After another couple of games, K won and she let me select a gift because B didn't see anything that she wanted.  So I got a recipe book that I had been wanting!! Thanks, munchkins!



The Fall Festival always ends with the costume parade and Trunk or Treating.  Needless to say, the munchkins got tons of candy.



And the last picture is of Lil Man with his teachers from VBS.  When Lil Man started pre-school a few weeks ago, he kept asking "Where is Mr. Tom?"  Well, we found him and Ms. Karen.  Don't they all look happy to see each other again?


So ended another wonderful Fall Festival.  Couldn't have asked for a better day!  Wish you had been with us!

1 comment:

danakat said...

The kids most definitely had a great time! It was made even better that lil man is now old enough to join the fun.
And thank you thank you thank you for clarifying about the paper in the toilet. Yikes.

Thanks Goppie. You're the best!