Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

We are enjoying a day full of football.  I am finding it difficult to cheer for some of the teams that I want to win.  That is because the teams I usually want Alabama to beat are playing in bowl games today and tomorrow.  Obviously,  I want them to win so that the SEC is a winner.  So now that Auburn has [finally] beaten Northwestern, the SEC is 2-2 in bowl games.  Come on LSU and Florida!!

Let there be no doubt as to where our true loyalties lie!  ROLL TIDE ROLL!!  Can't wait until Thursday night!  So in preparation, Dana and Steve gave Dan a new hat and I gave him a new Alabama picture.  Want to see?

Here is Dan in his new houndstooth hat [his old one was only 40 years old] holding a picture from the 2008 Clemson game that began such a great season.  As soon as possible I hope to get Dan a picture from this season; maybe one of Ingram.

Well, that's all for now.  I cheered Auburn to victory and now LSU needs my help. Here's one last "ROLL TIDE ROLL."

4 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for posting the pic of Uncle Dan! Love the new hat...Bear Bryant would be proud. :)

We're having a football day as well. That Auburn game was nail-biting!

danakat said...

SO happy he likes the hat. It made me happy everytime I thought about finding it. :)

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

danakat said...

SO happy he likes the hat. It made me happy everytime I thought about finding it. :)

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

B said...

Oh yeah, Roll Tide ROLL! Happy New Year Goppie.:)