Friday, January 29, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

     Who you ask?  The good Samaritans who are our wonderful neighbors.  The Windsors are the best neighbors in the world!  They share their bounty in the summer - fresh from the garden.  And during the winter we get bounty from their freezer.  Yeah, OKRA.  Bro. Windsor takes our full recycle bins out to the road each week and brings them back empty.  Recently, he has taken Dan to a dental appointment and to his allergist to get his weekly shot.  If they notice something "amiss" - Jean always checks to be sure that we are okay. 
     See what I mean?  Great neighbors. So today when I got home from work I mixed up my famous chocolate pound cake.  It's in the oven right now.  Can you smell it?  It is the best "thank you" I could think of.  The Windsors LOVE my pound cake.
     Hope that everyone reading this is warm and safe.  It is cold and rainy here with the promise of ice and snow later tonight and early tomorrow.  Warm wishes to everyone.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow...that is so nice! Chocolate pound cake sounds yummy!

Anonymous said...

Have I ever had your famous chocolate pound cake??? what am I missing? Love Jim