Dan has been sick with the flu for 10 days now. It has been rough on all of us. Poor Dan has been so sick - high fever, terrible cough, hurts all over, etc. I have been handling patient care in the evenings and weekends, while Daniel has been our health care professional during the day. I have been sleeping on the couch since Dan got sick and he wears a filtration mask when we are near him. As I always say, "I don't have time to be sick!" For the first week his fever would stay around 101 [or higher], but for the past day and a half it has been hovering around 99. His cough has gotten better and he has a tiny appetite again. The only good result so far is that, after weighing this morning, he has lost 12 pounds! It will still be awhile until he actually feels better. But Daniel and I can see his gradual improvement, even if he can't yet.
On a side note - be sure that your apprentice, daytime health care professional knows the difference between a teaspoon and a tablespoon. Our patient was given too much cough medicine for a couple of days and was talking and acting really strange. Thank goodness I figured out the problem and once we stopped the cough medicine, Dan stopped his bizarre behavior.
So things are definitely looking up here. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. Amen!
Happy 15th Anniversary to an AMAZING couple ;)
14 years ago

3 comments:
Oh no! Praying! Give him my love!
Poor Poppa! I hope he gets better soon!
I hate to hear that Dan has been feeling bad! I will make sure I say a prayer for him! Tell him he is not the only one, Marley has been sick too! Not quite as bad as her Uncle Dan but sickly babies are just pitiful! Hope he feels better! You make sure and get some rest too! Love you!
Post a Comment