Monday, May 10, 2010

A Surprise for Grandmom

Saturday I visited Mother for Mother's Day and took her an apple cake.  She loves my apple cake, so that's what she got.  She was excited about the cake, but she was more surprised and excited about who came with me.  Can you guess who?  Of course, it was Dana and all the little [and not so little] munchkins.  We had a great visit which is documented in the following pictures.
Three generations in a picture taken by one of the 4th generation munchkins.  Lil Man took this one.  Not bad.

Grandmom and oldest great grandchild looking at pictures together.

Grandmom with great grandchildren Number 2 and 3.

More up-to-date pictures of munchkins for Grandmom's wall.

It was good being together for a few hours.  I hope to get her up to Decatur sometime this summer so we can spend more time together.  All we do is talk and eat.  And eat and talk.  But it is special time well spent!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that Dana and the kids were able to go and see her. I am sure that was a fun and memorable time for everyone!

Anonymous said...

looks like you had fun. Mom was very happy that everyone came to see her. She told me about the pictures and said I needed to do the same. Tell her I saw your blog so you do not have to send me the photos.

Love Jim