"And how did you spend New Year's Eve day?" you might ask. It was a "potpourri" day. What is that? It was a day of many varied and blended events. [Hence, potpourri]
My main goal for the day was to spend the last of my Christmas money. You know how it "burns a hole in your pocket" [or purse, in my case]. And it seemed like such a simple task. I initially headed to Goody's, looking for a couple of turtleneck shirts. One red and one black. No luck! Then, since I was already out, I went over to the mall assuming I could complete my search. After looking through most of the clothing stores there, I still had no turtlenecks. Sadly, I returned home.
Once home, I decided that chocolate would soothe my pain. There is nothing like chocolate to make everything "all better." I made chocolate oatmeal cookies, which is really more like candy. That helped some.
I considered cleaning house, but that wasn't how I wanted to close out 2008. Then it occurred to me that since I had just used the last of the sugar and vanilla flavoring, I would have to go to the grocery store. [That is because I have to cook an apple cake for my mom's 84th birthday Friday]. Luckily, I still had $4 left on the Publix gift card that some anonymous, wonderful person gave us for Christmas. So all would not be lost, I could still spend some money today! It was a very successful trip to Publix. I have decided that I really like shopping there, but their normal prices are WAY higher than WalMart's. What to do??
Besides the two shopping sprees [one successful and one not so], my day has been devoted to bowl games. The SEC teams looked great! I'm really looking forward to the big game Friday night. Roll Tide!!
Right now we are watching New Year's Eve in Times Square. May I say how glad I am NOT to be there. It is freezing in New York!
As we close out another year, I am reflecting on 2008. All in all, it was a good year. No hospital stays or surgeries this year! Still lovin' my job. Had a great time directing VBS music in June and the children's Christmas program in December at church. Enjoyed and cherished time spent with our beautiful, energetic grandchildren.
I am expectantly looking forward to an amazing 2009. What will it hold for us? Better health? New opportunities for service? Being the eternal optimist that I am, I know that 2009 will be a great year!
Our family wishes for you a healthy and wealthy [in those things that really matter] New Year!
Happy 15th Anniversary to an AMAZING couple ;)
14 years ago

2 comments:
I'm curious about the chocolate oatmeal cookies...sounds yummy!
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!!!
I enjoyed living your yesterday vicariously. :) Hopefully 2009 will also bring you the turtlenecks you are seeking.
Love you!
Post a Comment