Mom's birthday was Friday, January 2, and I had planned for months to go to T-town for her special day. A couple of weeks ago, I had the bright idea to invite her special friends over for cake and coffee. I asked Mom if that would be okay and she thought it would be great fun. What I didn't tell her was that I also invited some of her friends from church to drop by.
It couldn't have worked out any better. I arrived about 10:00 a.m. so we would have time to visit. Then at noon I went to Taco Casa to pick up lunch. Here is Mom eating her first burrito!
She really enjoyed it [ good thing that I bought an extra one, just in case]. Then I began getting ready for visitors. We had a good turnout and Mom was really surprised when her church friends showed up.
Everyone enjoyed the fresh apple cake [especially requested by the guest of honor], brownies, and coffee. Several asked for my cake recipe, so I have to remember to send some copies.
One of the guests mentioned how blessed Mom is to still have siblings living. So here is a picture of Mom, Aunt Ouita and Uncle Fred [all live in Tuscaloosa] and help look after each other.
Mom got lots of phone calls and cards that day. She had also gotten the beautiful flowers/balloon that my brother and his family sent. Thought you might like to see it, Jim.

2 comments:
Great pics! Thanks for sharing! Dad appreciates the pic of the flowers & then he laughed when you mentioned what to do for Grandmom's 85th. He said "typical Sandra." Good daughter! :) I'm impressed. I know that meant TONS to Grandmom. Too bad she can't see the pics on the blog...
Well,thanks for making me cry!
I so wish I could have had a little more leeway and been able to enjoy the party. She looks so happy! The picture with Aunt Ouita and Uncle Fred really did make me teary. We are so blessed to have had such a great family for so many years!
I have an idea for her 85th...but we can talk about that later. :) Like mother, like daughter.
Post a Comment