Saturday, January 24, 2009

Earrings, "Who's Your Momma" - A Night with the Grandkids

Last night we watched the grandkids while their parents went out for awhile. I can't really call it babysitting anymore, since the youngest is 3-years old. The "first born" entertains herself by reading and playing computer games. The "second in command" enjoys the Disney channel and music. "Last but not least" is another story. He is full of energy and questions. This particular night he was interested in my earrings. He said that he liked my earrings and continued to stare at them. He said that he liked my earrings and wanted to wear them! I thought better about telling him that he would need holes in his earlobes. So I simply explained that earrings are for ladies. That seemed to stop his interest. At least for now.

Our other interesting conversation came when I told him it was time to go to bed. He informed me that he wanted his Mommy and Daddy. I told him that he was stuck with me this time. Then after another plea for Mommy, I decided to explain the reality of motherhood. I told him that I am a mommy. He said, "No, you a Goppie." I said that was true, but I am a mommy also. I said that I am his Mommy's mommy. He looked at me [I think he doubted my sanity], and said, "No- o-o-o-o you not." I gave one more feeble attempt to explain that everyone has a mommy. I told him that Grandmom is my mommy! I'm glad you couldn't see the look on his face that time!

Being grandparents is the BEST!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Sounds like you had fun! :)
I have an award for you on my blog!