Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Sleepover and Miscellaneous Ramblings

Yeah . . . I know . . . it's been several days since I last posted. Hopefully, family and friends are still checking in periodically in case I should reappear from my hibernation. So I have come out to stretch my posting muscles for a bit.
To be honest, I have no good excuse for my silence. I haven't been sick or out of town or overburdened with life. What it boils down to is that . . . I don't feel that I have anything to share. No fabulous trips, no earthshaking news, no witty/hilarious adventures. I have just been going about my daily routines: secretary-ing, wife-ing, mother-ing, goppie-ing, and daughter-ing. And while all of those roles are very fulfilling, they don't seem especially exciting and post-worthy. [Those were my ramblings]
Now to the sleepover. I picked up our beautiful granddaughters Saturday afternoon and brought them to our house for a sleepover. We haven't had one in awhile. As they get older, they are involved in many activities and it is harder to schedule one. We had a great time. Nothing special. Watched TV [dog movies], ate, slept, ate, went to church, came home, ate and then it was time to take them home.
Can someone tell me when they got so big? B is as tall as, or maybe even a little bit taller than me now!! She is quite the young lady. K has gotten a lot taller also, but I think I'll still be taller for a couple of years yet. They don't need much help from their Goppie anymore [except for the cooking aspect]. They get ready for church by themselves now. It has been a long time since they asked for me to read them a book at bedtime. Sigh . . . and although I miss their infant and toddler days, I wouldn't trade these days for anything. It is a joy and pleasure to watch each one become the unique person that God has intended. I'm just glad they still need me for a few things and that they want to spend time with their Goppie and Poppa. It was a good weekend and a GREAT sleepover.

2 comments:

danakat said...

The girls completely enjoyed themselves as well. It just didn't last long enough for them...or me either to be honest. :)
Thank YOU for being such a great Goppie! You and daddy are giving them the best gifts...memories of times with grandparents. I know I treasure mine.

Julie said...

How sweet! I'm sure the girls had a blast! What a special time to have together!