It finally happened. I flunked as a Goppie Saturday night. Dan and I were taking care of Carter so that the rest of the family could go to a talent show at church. Carter and I had a great time playing together - puzzles, piggyback rides, playing with the train, etc. Then it was time for bed. In the past he has always asked for his Mommy, but I have always been able to convince him to let me put him to bed. That was not happening!! I discovered that if he isn't helping or going willingly, I can no longer pick him up. So when the family returned, this is what they found on the couch:
What a cutie!
We get to "play" again tomorrow night. Wish me luck!
Another Goppie moment happened Saturday morning. If you read Dana's blog you know about K going for her first audition. Well, after the audition K wanted to ride around town to see where Mommy went to high school and to see where we used to live. Needless to say, she wasn't very impressed. She listened as Dana and I talked about how things had changed and how places looked different now. I guess K was a little confused about why everything looked so different to us and she asked, "Did y'all used to see in black and white?" I don't think that I ever laughed so hard!! Our little drama queen is quite the character . . . as you can see:
That's our girl.

3 comments:
That's hilarious! See in black & white! Kids say the darndest things! :)
There have been several times when Trevor has fallen asleep on the sofa.
What darling Grandchildren you have!
And don't hold your breath about getting the kid to bed tonight, either. ;)
I have something for you on my blog today. Copy and paste it on your sidebar if you want. Love ya.
Post a Comment