Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Lonely Doorbell

Today is Halloween.  The weather is perfect to be out and about.  I have candy.  But . . . we have no trick-or-treaters!  Our poor doorbell is very lonely and sad.  Halloween without children is like a coke without the fizz OR rain without a rainbow OR a night sky without the moon and stars!  So tonight my doorbell and I are lonely and sad.  Maybe next year will be better!

3 comments:

danakat said...

BING BONG!
Did that help? No?
Just come to our house next year...you'll get your fix in no time!

Julie said...

I know what you mean. We don't have trick or treaters here. My parents neighborhood was packed this year! It has never been like that before, it was really weird.

I just assumed that kids didn't go door to door anymore. I don't know...we're not really into Halloween.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the kids all on Halloween. It wouldn't be the same without them. We get more kids here than we did in our last neighborhood. This year there seemed to be less people out and less lights on for some reason.