Monday, November 2, 2009

Labors of Love

Yesterday Daniel and I headed to T-town to help Mom with a couple of projects.  We returned this evening after a job well done [if I do say so myself]!  Our first project was completed this morning . . .

I draw your attention to the newly painted shutters.  Lovely aren't they?  Thank you.  Our next project seemed simple enough, but turned out to be a little more work than we bargained on.  Actually, what she initially asked was that we "wash" the patio furniture.  However, that quickly turned into "How about if we paint the furniture?"


First, we had to use wire brushes to scrape off the old, peeling paint, then wash the furniture and let it dry.  Finally, we painted the furniture.  It was tedious, but it was well worth all our work.  Take a look . . .


It was a very busy 26 hour visit, but we were glad to be able to get away from our usual labors and perform some labors of love.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow...that was a lot of work! Everything looks great & I'm sure Grandmom was thrilled!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like laboring for those you love! Great job on all the hard work.

danakat said...

Those chairs and table needed it SO bad!! Looking forward to enjoying all your labors. :)