Saturday, November 14, 2009

Church Bazaar 2009

I have such wonderful memories of all the churches we have served through the years.  And some of the best memories are of the amazing bazaars I was blessed to be a part of.  If you have never attended a church bazaar, you have really missed something.  Each church sets up differently and has its own specialties, but they all have the same, basic core elements.  There are always many weeks and months of work getting ready - handmade crafts, Christmas items, baked goods, etc.  Usually there are late night meetings at the church working on craft items, transforming a generic fellowship hall or church gym into a wonderland of shopping pleasures.  And, there is always some kind of chicken stew or brunswick stew that is cooked outside in old iron pots over open fires, and stirred with boat paddles for hours.  I suppose that beside the visual overload of tables piled high with beautiful handmade aprons, quilts, wreaths, tree decorations, canned goods, and baked delicacies, there are the wonderful aromas that assail our olfactory senses.  The scented candles, potpourri, cakes and cookies, and stew are practically overwhelming!  And why, you ask, am I rambling about old memories?  Because today was the annual bazaar at our church and it was great!  So, for your viewing pleasure, I am sharing some pictures.  Enjoy.

These jolly snowmen welcomed everyone who came this morning.


This is the view from the door into the worship center.  Everyone was still setting up.


The Bake Sale area is always a favorite.  My neighbors bought the chocolate pound cake that I made.


This was the area where I was "stationed" - the door prize table, where I was a greeter.  It was great fun.


There is always an area of "Trash and Treasures."  I found lamps for our guest room!

 

Christmas decorations are always in demand.

 

And many tables full of the labor of many "crafty" people.

We had a great turnout, perfect weather, warm fellowship, and good fun.  Sorry if you missed it.  I'll try to do a better job next year of spreading the word.

2 comments:

B said...

Ooooh, chocolate pund cake. Mmmmmm, make some for me next time! And take me with ya!

Julie said...

How fun! The baked goods looked scrumptious!!