Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wednesday Nights Are the BEST

It's true.  I love Wednesday nights, because that is when I get to practice the Christmas Program with the kids at church.  I really love the musical this year.  The songs are fun and lively, and yet still tell the wonderful Christmas story about that special night.  This year I am letting the preschoolers sing with the older kids.  I'm not sure how it will go, but I think it is worth a try.  Here is a picture of the group from tonight.  I think they are still on a sugar high from Halloween.  Way too much energy!

The older kids practiced together for the first time tonight.  It is easy to tell which songs they like best.  Those are the ones they really sing out on.  Hopefully, they will learn the others also!  Here are the "big" kids. Don't be fooled by their seeming calmness.  They have way too much energy also.


As any of you who work with children know, the most difficult part is having everyone at each practice.  A worthy goal, but not very attainable.  It is highly possible that the only time they will all be together at the same time is for the actual performance!  But nevertheless, it is great.  They wear me out and I come home with a sore throat, but I wouldn't trade a minute of the fun or the frustration.  Oh, and just for the record, their favorite song is "Shaggy, Smelly Sheep."

1 comment:

danakat said...

They love you too, I've heard from very reliable sources. :)
And the songs are very catchy...in fact, we were wondering if there was a way to get our own CD?